Information We Collect
We may collect and use certain Personal Information in order to offer, maintain, provide, improve, personalize and administer our products and services, including information and services related to Tours (collectively, “Services”). Instances in which we collect and use certain Personal Information from our Website and Application include the following:
- When you or your Agent User create an account with us or book a Tour or travel service. We collect Personal Information when you create an account with us or make a Tour booking or purchase other Services from us. This Personal Information may include but is not limited to information such as your name, address(es) (primary and secondary), phone number(s), username and password, email address(es), date of birth, location data, gender, passport information, emergency contact information, payment and billing information, itinerary information (e.g., travel method, flight number), travel preferences, communication preferences, itinerary preferences (e.g., selected excursion choices) and other profile information.
- Group Travel and Bookings by Third Parties. If someone else is making a reservation on your behalf, we will request Personal Information, travel preferences, and other information about you from that individual in order to complete your booking. In addition, if you are traveling with a group, the other members of your travel party may be able to view certain of your profile information in accordance with the permissions you or the Agent User grants, but they will not have the ability to change such information.
- When you communicate with us, engage with our content, or sign up for materials. We collect Personal Information, such as you and your friend’s or colleague’s contact information, and other information you may submit, when you communicate with us; sign up you, your colleague or the client of an Agent User to receive or download brochures, publications, news, videos, webinars or other promotional materials; nominate a colleague for Pranzo training. We may also collect Personal Information when you engage with content on our Site, such as when you view a webinar, browse an itinerary page, or search for a destination.
- When you engage with our online communities and forums. We may collect Personal Information when you engage with our online communities and forums. For example, if you are a Registered User, you have the ability to write trip reviews and provide certain information about you and/or your trip. Please note that online forums may be publicly accessible and other users may view information you post in the forums. We recommend that you exercise care in deciding what information and content you wish to disclose on the areas of the Site or Application that are accessible to the general public.
- Location Data. We may collect approximate or, with your consent, precise location data through our Application or when you access our Site or Services from a mobile device as part of the functionality of our Services, such as to provide points of interest recommendations, weather information, and to enable directions related to your trip or itinerary. We do not collect precise location data unless you have consented to its collection.
- When you participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or rewards or other programs. We may request or otherwise collect Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and other contact information, when you enroll or participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or rewards or other programs. Participation in these programs is voluntary.
- When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources. We may obtain certain data about you from third-party sources to help us provide and improve the Services and for marketing and advertising. We may combine your Personal Information with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the Services.
- When we leverage and/or collect cookies, device IDs, location data, data from the environment, and other tracking technologies. We may collect certain Personal Information using cookies and other technologies, such as web beacons, device IDs, geolocation, HTML5 local storage, Flash cookies, and IP addresses. We specifically use browser cookies for different purposes, including cookies that are strictly necessary for functionality and cookies that are used for personalization, performance/analytics, and advertising. Our “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section contains more information and options to control or opt-out of certain data collection or uses.
Information Use and Disclosure
We use the Personal Information we collect in order to offer, maintain, provide, improve, and administer the Site, the Application and the Services, including the Tours. These uses include the following:
- To communicate with you regarding the tour-related Services, including to provide you important notices regarding your travel itinerary or trips, to provide agenda reminders and notifications, and to address and respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints;
- To administer your account, including to verify your identity and to authenticate and authorize access to our Services;
- To fulfil orders, requests or purchases you have made, to facilitate and/or complete reservations, to contact you in relation to any issues with your booking or use of our Services or in the provision of our Services;
- To provide Personal Information to our service providers related to the provision of the Services;
- To remember information so that you will not have to re-enter or look for it the next time you visit our Website or Application
- For marketing purposes, including to contact you about offers, products, promotions, subscriptions, developments or services which we think may be of interest to you, and for third parties’ marketing purposes in connection with our Services;
- To develop, provide, and improve our Site, Application, Tours and other Services, including to better tailor the features, performance, personalization and support of our Tours and related Services, and for statistical and analytics purposes;
- To solicit information from you via surveys and to conduct research in connection with our Services;
- To diagnose or fix problems you are having with the Website or Application
- To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties;
- To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
- Service Providers and Vendors. We may disclose Personal Information to distributors, service providers, payment processors, and vendors in order to maintain the Site and Application and provide, improve, and personalize the products and Services, including to fulfill a request for services, to process payments, and to administer our Tours. We may also share Personal Information for other technical and processing functions, such as sending e-mails on our behalf, fulfilling orders, technical support, or otherwise operating the Site or Application, for analytics.
- Travel Agents and Business Partners. We may disclose Personal Information to business partners with whom we have partnered to provide specific services or to Agent Users in order to facilitate and/or complete your travel reservations or share information related to your Tour.
- Legal Process. We may disclose Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or as otherwise pursuant to legal process.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A “cookie” is a small text file that a web server stores in browser software. A browser sends cookies to a server when the browser makes a connection to the server (for example, when requesting a web page from the same domain that created the cookie). The purpose of cookies is to remember the browser over time and distinguish one browser instance (or user) from all others. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to track Personal Information previously entered by a web user on our Site. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them, and how to remove them. Cookies can remember login information, preferences, and similar information.
Cookies, as well as other tracking technologies such as HTML5 local storage, and Local Shared Objects (such as “Flash” cookies), and similar mechanisms, may record information such as a unique identifier, information you enter in a form, IP address, and other categories of data.
We also use web beacons or “pixels,” and in certain circumstances may collect IP address, screen resolution and browser software and operating system types, clickstream patterns, dates and times that our site is accessed, and other categories of data.
If you want to block the use and saving of cookies from the Site on to the computer’s hard drive, you should take the necessary steps within your web browser’s settings to block all cookies from the Site and its external serving vendors. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, certain parts of our Site may not function correctly. For information on how to disable cookies, refer to your browser’s documentation.
Additional Information Related to Mobile Devices
If you use our Application or access the Site from a mobile device, we may collect additional information, such as device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information, IP address, carrier-related information, including the name of your wireless carrier, and IDs related to the cell phone hardware in your phone as well as the network to which the device is connected, mobile phone number, application-specific and instance-specific identifiers, and location information, as further described in this Policy.
The opt-outs for interest-based advertising require that strictly necessary cookies are not blocked by the settings in your web browser. We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance in the U.S., the Canadian Digital Advertising Alliance in Canada, and the European Digital Advertising Alliance in the EU. If you live in the United States, Canada, or the European Union, you can visit Ad Choices (US), Your Ad Choices (Canada), or Your Online Choices (EU) to find a convenient place to opt-out of interest-based advertising with participating entities for each region. These websites also provide detailed information about how interest-based advertising works. Opting out does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising from us, or when you use the Internet. It just means that the data collected from our website will not be used for interest-based advertising and that the advertising you see displayed on websites will not be customized to your interests.
De-Identified or Anonymized Data
Information from Children Under 18 Years of Age
Links to Other Sites
Opting-Out of Certain Communications
Processing in the United States
Please note that if you are visiting the Site from outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and/or processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. If you are located outside of the United States, the transfer of Personal Information is necessary to provide you with the requested information, products, and services and/or to perform any requested transaction. By using any portion of the Site, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States.
We implement technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. However, please be advised that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Information.
Accessing or Updating Your Information
Registered Users can access or update their information by logging into their account and utilizing the account profile settings.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information (as defined by California law) the business shares with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by emailing us at ciao@PranzoTours.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. Be sure to provide in the request sufficient information to properly identify you and/or the members of your family.
Pranzo Tours LLC
37 Linnard Road
West Hartford, CT 06107
By email: ciao@PranzoTours.com
By phone: (860) 841-9183